Wild Rice Stuffing
A yummy addition to a roast dinner on a cold winter Sunday – or a tasty weeknight meal when you feel like something comforting that you can scoop into your mouth with a spoon.
- 100g wild rice
- 100g basmati rice
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Small handful cranberries
- Large handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Small handful thyme
- 1 large egg
- Large handful pistachios
- Chicken/vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cook rice according to packet but use stock instead of water (the wild will probably take longer or you can get a mix of the two for ease).
- In a large frying pan cook the pancetta until just crisp, then remove from the pan and add in the onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add the cranberries, parsley, thyme and pistachios to the pan and continue to cook on low for a few minutes. Take off the heat.
- Once the rice is cooked, drain it and add to the mix in the frying pan. Make sure the rice is well incorporated and season to taste.
- Whisk your egg and add to the mix before spreading the stuffing into a baking dish and adding some blobs of butter to the top.
- Bake, covered tightly with foil for around 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake until top is browned - roughly another 10 minutes.