Boozy Roasted Apricots
This isn't so much a recipe, but it's dessert inspiration if you're time short and still want something that will look pretty when you bring it to the table. The joy of this is that you can use any booze and anything else you fancy to scatter on the top. We use lavender because we have so much of it growing that it makes sense.
You could sprinkle them with thyme, mint, crushed almonds, pistachios, amaretti biscuits, lemon rind, cinammon, honey...anything else you want really!
- Light brown sugar
- Booze (brandy, cognac, amaretto, whatever is lurking in your drinks cupboard)
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Cut the apricots in half, taking out the pit.
- Put the apricots split side up in a large roasting tray or ovenproof dish
- Put a small knob of butter in the cavity of each apricot. Sprinkle the fruit with light brown sugar (or honey if you're using) and then drizzle over a couple of tablespoons of your chosen alcohol.
- Scatter with lavender or anything else that takes your fancy...
- Whack them in the oven and bake until the apricots have started to soften and brown - about 25 minutes.
- Serve on their own or whip out the ice cream/mascarpone/cream.